Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Slow Cooker Smoked Pork


This was another successful Freezer Meal, although I wish I had separated the meat into two or three bags because even with a half-recipe it made a LOT of pork, and now we'll be having leftovers the whole week.  At least it tastes good. :)

Slow Cooker Smoked Pork
Servings: 8-10  (or a lot more)

Ingredients:
5 pound boneless butt pork roast
1/4 cup paprika
1/8 cup kosher salt
1/8 cup ground black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1/2 cup liquid smoke
barbecue sauce for serving

Directions:
Cut the pork butt into 2-3" chunks.  Combine the dry ingredients.  Divide among gallon freezer bags and sprinkle the meat with the rub, shaking the bag to coat evenly.  Add liquid smoke.    Freeze.

To serve, thaw.  Cook in slow cooker on low for 10-12 hours.   Shred meat.   Serve with barbecue sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment