Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, March 1, 2014

Chipotle & Orange-Glazed Salmon

Here's a good recipe for the upcoming meatless Fridays.  I already had a can of chipotle peppers from another planned meal, so I figured it would be wise to make another recipe utilizing the peppers.  This was a nice healthy meal that tasted great.  The chipotle flavor was very subtle.  Next time, maybe I'd use 2 peppers instead of 1 for extra kick.  Also, I didn't taste much orange other than the zest in the quinoa.  Despite its lightness, this meal still filled me up.

Chipotle & Orange-Glazed Salmon on a Quinoa Pilaf
Recipe from Eating Light Magazine
Serves 4;  365 calories/serving

Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 orange
1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce
2 teaspoons adobo sauce from can
1 garlic clove, peeled
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 bunch radishes, trimmed, halved, and thinly sliced
1/2 cup thawed corn kernels
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
2 green onions, sliced
salt
4 skinless salmon fillets (~5 oz each)

Directions:
Arrange oven rack 4-6 inches from heat and preheat boiler.    In a medium saucepan, prepare quinoa as label directs.  Transfer to bowl.

Meanwhile, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/2 cup juice.  Using a handheld blender, combine the chipotle chili, adobo sauce, garlic, cumin, and orange juice; puree until smooth.

To the bowl with the quinoa, add radishes, corn, cilantro, green onions, orange peel, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; stir to combine.

Arrange salmon on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.  Sprinkle with a little salt, then brush generously on all sides with the glaze.  Broil 5-7 minutes until opaque throughout. Serve salmon on quinoa pilaf.


No comments:

Post a Comment