Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, March 14, 2014

Dijon Chicken


Another incredibly easy make-ahead freezable "meal" from my March Madness--  although, in this case, it's just the protein.   While the chicken baked in the oven, I steamed some broccoli to accompany it along with leftover rice.  The chicken was nice and moist although I didn't taste much mustard.

Dijon Chicken
Recipe from somewhere on the internet

Ingredients:
2 pounds chicken breasts
1 cup chicken broth
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 bay leaves

Freezer Directions:
Combine all ingredients among freezer bags and freeze.   To cook, thaw and drain marinade.

Cook in a skillet for 15 minutes.
or
Bake at 350º for 35-40 minutes.
or
Cook in a slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment