Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, August 15, 2014

Moroccan Fish and Couscous Packets


The Wheel of Meals landed on Seafood and International

Jeremy spun and landed on Seafood and then he let Wesley spin and it landed on International.  So we had to make an International Seafood dish and this recipe fit the request.   I really, really loved the punch of the Chermoula sauce with the haddock.  Very flavorful!  The fish stayed moist and flaky in the packets.  I will definitely make this again.

Moroccan Fish and Couscous Packets
Recipe from America's Test Kitchen: Best Ever Cooking for Two

Ingredients:
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
brown sugar
3/4 cup couscous  (I used Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil-flavored couscous)
1 cup boiling water
2 (6-8oz) skinless white fish fillets, 3/4-1" thick (I used haddock)

Directions:
To make Chermoula sauce, in a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons cilantro, oil, ginger, paprika, garlic, 1&1/2 teaspoons lemon zest, lemon juice, cumin, and red pepper flakes.  Season with salt, pepper, and brown sugar to taste.

Place couscous in a medium bowl.  Pour boiling water over couscous and immediately cover with plastic wrap.  Let sit for about 5 minutes until liquid is absorbed.  Fluff with a fork and stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste.

Pat fish dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.  Place two 14-inch lengths of aluminum foil on counter.  Divide couscous and mound in center of each foil piece.  Place fish on top of couscous.  Spread 1 tablespoon of Chermoula sauce over top of each fish.  Fold foil up and over fish and crimp edges to seal.

Arrange packets on rimmed baking sheet.  Bake until fish registers 140º and easily flakes, about 14-18 minutes.  Transfer fish and couscous to plate and sprinkle with remaining cilantro.  Serve with remaining Chermoula sauce and lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment