Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, March 23, 2014

Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Hash


I decided to make a veggie side dish as part of my Freezer Meal madness.   It was pretty good.  It was nice to have the prep taken care of and just throw the bag in the microwave to re-heat.

Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Hash

Ingredients:
8 oz bacon
1 cup diced cauliflower
4 cups diced Brussels sprouts
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar

Directions:
In a skillet, brown the bacon.  Set aside and chop.  In the same skillet, add olive oil, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower, and saute 4-5 minutes.  Add in the dried thyme, chopped bacon, and balsamic vinegar.   Divide among quart freezer bags.   To serve, thaw and reheat in microwave until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment