Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Supermarket

NOW COOKING...

From the crazy mind of Anne ...
"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Supermarket"

*** A collection of recipes based on Musical titles ***


#1: "The Music Manicotti"
#2: "Gentlemen Prefer Blondies"
#3: "The Chicken a la King and I" 


And coming soon....
"My Fair Ladyfingers"
"Spamalot" 
"Annie Get Your Gumbo"
"Okrahoma!"
"The Cheese Whizard of Oz"
"The Gingerbread Man of La Mancha"
"Spring Roll Awakening"
"Anything Goes with _____"
"South Pacific"
...and more!!


*********************************

"Food Glorious Food"
selection from the musical Oliver!

Food, glorious food!
Hot sausage and mustard!
While we're in the mood --
Cold jelly and custard!
Pease pudding and saveloys!
What next is the question?
Rich gentlemen have it, boys --
In-di-gestion!

Food, glorious food!
We're anxious to try it.
Three banquets a day --
Our favourite diet!

Just picture a great big steak --
Fried, roasted or stewed.
Oh, food,
Wonderful food,
Marvellous food,
Glorious food.

No comments:

Post a Comment