Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ham, Broccoli, and Potato Meal


This is from the Freezer Meal collection.   It was the least successful and I won't be making it again--at least not with frozen hash browns and broccoli in the crockpot.  It sort of turned to mush.  The original recipe called for fresh potatoes, but I read reviews that said they turned brown/black, so I substituted frozen hash browns instead.  Maybe not the best choice.  Also, I forgot to add shredded cheese at the end.  That may have helped.  It did taste better than the picture looks, so that's something.  Still, it wasn't our favorite.   I decided to try out a slow cooker liner to help with cleanup.

Ham, Broccoli, and Potato Meal

Ingredients:
6 potatoes, sliced 1/4" thick  (I used frozen hash browns instead)
1 can (~10-11 oz) Cream of Potato soup (or any cream of something soup)
1&1/3 cup water
1&1/4 lbs ham, cubed
2 cups broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
salt and pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Throw everything except the cheese in each gallon bag.  Seal and lay flat to freeze.

To cook, defrost and place contents in slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.   In the last hour of cooking, add the shredded cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment