Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas


I love enchiladas, and the blog promised these would be good, so I gave them a try.  They were quite yummy.  I enjoyed the flavor of the chicken.  One enchilada with Mexican rice was more than enough for a serving.  Next time, I think I'd add some corn in the filling too.  Another successful freezer meal.

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Recipe from sixsistersstuff.com
Makes 10 enchiladas

Ingredients:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup water or chicken broth
6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
10 flour tortillas  (I used whole wheat)
16 ounces shredded Monterrey jack cheese
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream

Directions:
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.  Season chicken with salt and pepper and add breasts to skillet; cook for 5 minutes.  Flip chicken and add water or broth.  Cover and let simmer over medium heat for 7-10  minutes.  Using two forks, shred the cooked chicken.  (The shredded chicken can be frozen for up to 2 months).

Whisk the honey, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder; toss with the shredded chicken in a large resealable plastic bag.  Let it marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.

Pour about 1/4 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of two 8x8 baking pans.   Fill each tortilla with chicken and shredded cheese--reserve about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top.  Put rolled tortillas in the pan as you go.  Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and any leftover marinade (if there is any).  Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas.  Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.   Bake or freeze.  If freezing, thaw completely before baking.  Bake at 350º for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment