Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, January 27, 2017

Shrimp and Zoodles with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce


The original recipe was for seared scallops, but shrimp are more affordable and I had them on hand, so I made that slight alteration to the cookbook.  It tasted really good.  I got a little kick to the sauce from the red pepper flakes.

Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce
Recipe from Inspiralize Everything
Serves 2

Ingredients:
2 red bell peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup diced onion
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 medium zucchini, spiralized into spaghetti noodles
6 large scallops (or substitute shrimp or whatever)
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, for garnish

Directions:
Slice off the tops and bottoms of the peppers, cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds.  Place them cut-side up on a baking sheet coated with baking spray.  Roast at 425º for 25 minutes.  Transfer to a food processor and pulse until mostly smooth.  Set aside.

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Add the garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes, and saute until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.  Stir in the bell pepper puree and the oregano, and then add the broth.  Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the mixture thickens.  Reduce heat to low and simmer to allow the flavors to develop.

Meanwhile, heat a separate skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the zucchini noodles and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until al dente.  Add noodles to the bell pepper sauce and toss to coat.

Add 1/2- 1 tablespoon oil to the empty skillet and heat over medium high.  Season the scallops (or shrimp) with salt and pepper and add to the heated skillet.  Cook for 2 minutes per side or until opaque and cooked through.

Divide the sauced noodles between two plates and top with the seared scallops.  Garnish with parsley.

Nutritional Info:  239 calories, 14 g protein, 5 g fiber




No comments:

Post a Comment