Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, January 27, 2017

Cucumber, Avocado, and Strawberry Salad


I've been a spiralizing maniac lately.  The cookbook named this as a salsa to use as a dip for chips, but I decided to add feta and walnuts and make a nice lunchtime salad out of it and ditch the chips.  I added a greek yogurt on the side for some protein, and it was a completely delicious and satisfying lunch.   I liked the combo of crunchiness from the cucumber noodles and walnuts along with the creaminess of the avocado and feta.  The strawberries added a lovely sweet note.

Cucumber, Avocado, and Strawberry Salad
adapted from Inspiralized
Makes 2 salads

Ingredients:
1 large seedless cucumber
1&1/2 cups hulled and chopped strawberries
1 ripe avocado, diced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon honey
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts

Directions:
Spiralize the cucumber and trim into small strands.  Pat with paper towels to absorb excess moisture.

In a large bowl, combine the cucumber noodles, strawberries, avocado, cilantro, jalapeno, and onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and honey, and season with a little salt and pepper.

Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.   Divide salad between two plates and top with feta and walnuts.   Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment