Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, January 15, 2017

Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Muffins


I saw this recipe in a cookbook and decided to put my new Spiralizer to work.  I wanted a sweet yet somewhat healthy treat in the house to help prevent me from eating the cookies and ice cream that Jeremy likes to keep around.  I didn't expect the muffins to taste much like muffins since there was no flour in the recipe, but they did!  An extremely moist muffin.  The sweet potato, coconut, honey, and chocolate chips all provided more than enough sweetness.  I made a double batch because I got 2 cups of potato from my sweet potato.

Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Muffins
from Inspiralized Cookbook
Makes 6 muffins

Ingredients:
1 small sweet potato, peeled and spiralized into spaghetti strands
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons coconut flakes
salt
1 large egg plus 1 egg white
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 -1/3 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375º  Lightly coat a muffin tin with cooking spray.

Throw the sweet potato strands into a food processor and pulse a few times until it resembles rice.

In a medium bowl, combine the sweet potato, cinnamon, baking soda, coconut flakes, and a pinch of salt.  Mix in the egg, egg white, honey, and vanilla.  Fold in the chocolate chips.

Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins, filling 3/4 full.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.   Let cool 5 minutes on a rack.

Store in an airtight container.





No comments:

Post a Comment