Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Turkey Lettuce Wraps



As far as healthy meals go, this was a nice filling and satisfying lunch.  I chose to use olive oil instead of sesame oil because I just don't like sesame oil very much, and I left out the mushrooms because I don't like those much either.

Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Yield: 12 wraps with ~1/2 cup filling each

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1&1/2 lbs ground turkey
6 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, chopped
1 cup celery, diced
2 tablespoons minced ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup fresh whole cilantro leaves
salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 head romaine or Bibb lettuce

Directions:
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and garlic for 2 minutes.  Add ground turkey, stirring to break larger chunks into small pieces, and cook for 6-8 minutes or until turkey is crumbly and no longer pink.  Stir in onions, carrots, mushrooms, celery, ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes, and cook for 5 minutes.  Add cilantro leaves and cook for a few more minutes.  Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.  Spoon ~1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto a leaf of lettuce.  Roll or fold in half and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment