Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Broiled Lamb Chops with Veggie Stir-Fry

 
Here's another fast dinner recipe I made to try to please both myself and the hubby.   I don't know why lamb is allowed on the Conscious Cleanse program, but it is, so I went with it. 

Broiled Lamb Chops
Serves 2

2 lamb chops
pinch sea salt
pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 clove garlic

Sprinkle lamb chops with salt and pepper.  Rub garlic clove over lamb chops.  Place chops in a baking pan and broil 3-4 inches from the heat source for about 3 minutes per side or until nicely browned on each side.   Watch not to overcook.


Veggie Stir-Fry
Ingredients:  whatever veggies you have on hand

Fill a large saute pan with 1 inch of water and set over medium-high heat until water comes to a boil.  Add garlic, ginger, onions and any hard veggies like carrots, celery, green beans, and snow peas first.  Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and steam for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, etc, and cook, stirring occasionally.  Add leafy greens at the very end, cooking for just 1 or 2 more minutes.  Pour off excess water, season with salt and pepper if needed, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment