Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Kale Chips

The first time I made Kale Chips, they didn't turn out so great-- I had added way too much seasoned salt.  This time, though, I followed a different recipe and they were delicious.  It's amazing how a little bake on a leafy green can transform it.

 


Kale Chips

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1 bunch lacinato (dinosaur) kale
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Rinse and dry the kale leaves thoroughly, making sure the kale is completely dry.  Remove the stems and and cut leaves into small pieces (not too small--they shrink as they bake).  Spread kale pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and lime juice.   Drizzle over the kale.  Bake at 350º for 10 minutes or until crispy, being careful not to burn.  Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with sea salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment