Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dijon-Tarragon Baked Haddock and Garlic Roasted Cauliflower

It's a bit of a struggle coming up with healthy meals for myself that will also satisfy my anti-diet  husband.  This is one that worked for us.



Dijon Tarragon Baked Haddock
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
4 (4 oz) haddock fillets
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon tarragon
pinch ground black pepper

Directions:
Arrange haddock fillets on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.   In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and brush over fish.  Bake at 450º for about 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily.


Oven-Roasted Cauliflower
Serves 2-3

Ingredients:
2 to 3 cups cauliflower florets
1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Parmesan cheese (optional)- I opted out this time

Directions:
Place cauliflower in a large resealable plastic bag.   Add the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat.   Arrange cauliflower on a roasting pan and bake at 450º for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally to get an even roast.   Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment