Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Raw Berry Pie

 
After going to a Baby Shower and being unable to eat the delicious-looking cake and cheesecake due to this 2-week cleanse, I decided to make a dessert I could enjoy.  It was surprisingly good. 

Raw Berry Pie

Ingredients:
1 cup raw walnuts
1/2 cup pitted dates
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch sea salt
3 cups organic fresh blueberries
1 cup organic fresh raspberries
1 tablespoon honey

Directions:
In a food processor, combine walnuts, dates, vanilla extract, cinnamon and sea salt until smooth.  Press mixture evenly into a pie dish and refrigerate for an hour until crust is hard.   Meanwhile, in the food processor, combine berries and honey.  Pour into the chilled crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment