Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Instant Pot Egg Bites


 
I've been wanting to make these egg bites since I got my Instant Pot.  The egg bite silicone molds have been sitting unused in the cupboard, and I finally decided to try them out.  The Instant Pot worked perfectly and the eggs tasted great.  It's like a little bite-size omelet. They were handy to store in the fridge and pop a few in the microwave for breakfast or to take to work.  I liked that this recipe used ingredients I already had on hand and was very easy to make.  I picked some of our garden veggies to add to it.


Instant Pot Egg Bites
Makes 14-21 bites (depends on how much extra stuff you add)

Ingredients:
9 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
~1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
cooking spray
Optional stuff, to taste (I added chopped chard, green onion, diced tomato, shredded cheese)

Directions:
In a 4-cup measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, baking powder, salt, and pepper.

Spray two silicone molds with cooking spray.  Pour mixture into each of the 7 openings of each mold about 2/3 full.  Add whatever toppings you'd like.  No need to stir.   Close each mold with the silicone lid and stack in a staggered position on top of a trivet with handles

Add 1 cup water to a 6-qt or 8-qt Instant Pot and carefully lower trivet into the pot.  Close lid and pressure cook on low for 8 minutes.  When done, quick release.  Using oven mitts, carefully lift the entire trivet out of the pot by its handles.  Open the lid of each mold and let cool for a few minutes.  The egg bites should easily pop out.  

Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.  Microwave bites to reheat for 30-45 seconds.
Freeze for up to 3 months.  Microwave 60-90 seconds from frozen.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment