Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Parmesan and Panko-Crusted Halibut



The grocery store had a sale on halibut, so I bought a couple fillets on impulse.   I found this recipe and gave it a try.  It was good.  Likely, anything with parmesan-panko coating will taste good.  And it's baked, so it's relatively healthy.  I cooked green beans from our garden and made a little tomato salsa which gave some moisture to the bite of fish.  

Parmesan and Panko-Crusted Halibut

Ingredients:
2 halibut fillets, skin removed
2 teaspoons olive oil
juice from 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450º F.  Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on the sheet.  Coat the rack with cooking spray.

Drizzle the oil and lemon juice over both sides of fish and season with salt and pepper to taste.   Combine the remaining ingredients on a plate or shallow bowl.  Press the fish into the panko mixture on each side and place on the cooking rack.   Bake for 10-15 minutes (depends on size) until the fish is cooked and flaky.   Serve with a lemon wedge.


No comments:

Post a Comment