Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Death by Chocolate Cheesecake for Instant Pot



YUM!  I've been craving chocolate, and I've been wanting to try out cheesecake in the Instant Pot for awhile, so that's what I decided to make for my birthday dessert.  IT WAS SOOOO GOOD!   Rich and creamy and decadently delicious.  Honestly, it tasted just as good as Cheesecake Factory.   I was worried about how it would set up when finished, but it worked perfectly.  Also, I liked that it made a small 6" cheesecake.  Any bigger, and I'd feel the need to share it.... haha!  


Death by Chocolate Cheesecake for Instant Pot
Makes a 6" cheesecake, ~8 servings

Ingredients:
20 Double Stuff Oreo cookies (for crust)
2 packs cream cheese (8 oz each), room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
6 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
4 oz semi sweet chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla

Ganache topping:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions:
To make crust, place whole Oreos with filling in a food processor and blend until they form crumbs.  Press crumbs into a 6" springform pan.  Place in freezer while you make the filling.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese on high until light and fluffy.  Add in sugar and mix until just combined.  Add in sour cream and mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.   Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and vanilla, and mix until combined.  Lastly, add the eggs and mix as little as possible just until they are fully incorporated.  Pour filling over crust and cover pan with aluminum foil.  

Pour 1 cup water into Instant Pot.  Place cheesecake pan on a trivet with handles and lower into Instant Pot.  Secure the lid and pressure cook on high for 35 minutes.  When finished, allow it to naturally release pressure.  Remove pan and let it cool on counter.  Place in fridge overnight to allow it to set completely.

After the cheesecake has set overnight, make the ganache.   In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and cream.  Microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is mostly melted.  Stir until completely melted and pour over the cheesecake.   Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment