Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Microwaved Sweet Potato for 1


My husband was gone deer hunting, so I had to prepare dinner for just myself.  I wanted something fast and low-fuss, so I made myself a salad plus this microwave-baked Sweet Potato with a brown sugar and pecan topping for a little extra yummy flavor. Delicious.  

Microwave-Baked Sweet Potato with Pecan Topping
Serves 1
  
Ingredients:
1 sweet potato
1/2 tablespoon softened butter
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon finely chopped pecans

Directions:
Scrub, but do not peel, the potatoes.  Pierce them in several places with a fork.  Microwave on High for 12 minutes until done.

Meanwhile, sprinkle chopped pecans on a paper plate and microwave on high for 1 or 2 minutes, they should smell toasted when they are done.

Combine the butter, sugar, and pecans in a small bowl.  Once potatoes are done, slice length wise, about 2/3 of the way down (do not cut through) and "fluff" the inside of the potato with a fork.  Sprinkle the pecan mixture over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment