Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pan-Seared Salmon and Asparagus Salad with a Peach-Basil Dressing

4 Healthy Salads:
1. Tenderloin Salad with Rosemary-Balsamic Dressing
2. Orange-Cranberry Chicken Salad with Poppyseed-Yogurt Dressing
3. Pan-Seared Salmon and Asparagus Salad with Peach-Basil Dressing
4.Chicken Asian Noodle Salad with a Ginger Dressing

This was the 3rd healthy salad recipe we made at the cooking class.  The Peach-Basil Dressing was really interesting and something different than I've ever had before... and it turned out to be absolutely delicious!  And I got to use the hand-held emulsifier which was fun.  Now that I got one of those nifty gadgets for Christmas, I can make this at home.  :)

Pan-Seared Salmon and Asparagus Salad 
with a Peach-Basil Dressing

Anne's Salad Ingredients:
Salmon filets
fresh spinach leaves
asparagus spears
tomatoes, sliced
cucumber, sliced
sprouts

Peach-Basil Dressing:
2 peaches, peeled and sliced
3 tablespoons fresh Basil leaves
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper

Directions:
In a large skillet, saute the asparagus spears in oil until crisp-tender.   Sear the salmon filets in oil in the skillet until it reaches desired doneness.

To make the dressing, process all ingredients in a blender until smooth, or use a hand-held emulsifier.



The Peach-Basil Dressing is on the far right below.    Really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment