Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Orange-Cranberry Chicken Salad with Yogurt-Poppyseed Dressing

4 Healthy Salads:
1. Tenderloin Salad with Rosemary-Balsamic Dressing
2. Orange-Cranberry Chicken Salad with Poppyseed-Yogurt Dressing
3. Pan-Seared Salmon and Asparagus Salad with Peach-Basil Dressing
4.Chicken Asian Noodle Salad with a Ginger Dressing

Here is the 2nd salad I made at the chef's class I recently attended with some friends.   As before, be wary of the dressing recipe because we took random liberty with the measurements.   This was my favorite salad of the four we made, probably due to my sweet tooth.  I just loved the dressing.

Orange-Cranberry Chicken Salad 
with Yogurt-Poppyseed Dressing


Ingredients:
Chicken breast, cooked
Fresh spinach leaves
Mandarin/clementine orange sections
Dried cranberries
Cucumber, sliced
Pecan halves

Yogurt-Poppyseed Dressing:
With a wire whisk, mix all ingredients: 
1 cup yogurt
1/8 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon poppy seeds

1 comment:

  1. That looks really good, and oddly enough actually have all the ingredients right now. i may have to try making that one. although the balsamic rosemary with a flat iron steak is much more 'me'.mmmmm hungry sarah shouldn't look at food blogs in the morning.

    ReplyDelete