Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, March 18, 2011

Tenderloin Salad with a Rosemary-Balsamic Dressing

4 Healthy Salads:
1. Tenderloin Salad with Rosemary-Balsamic Dressing
2. Orange-Cranberry Chicken Salad with Poppyseed-Yogurt Dressing
3. Pan-Seared Salmon and Asparagus Salad with Peach-Basil Dressing
4.Chicken Asian Noodle Salad with a Ginger Dressing
 
I was lucky enough to be invited to a cooking class with some friends, and the chef showed us how to make 4 different healthy salads and dressings.  I had an absolute blast at the class!  I had mixed thoughts about whether or not to post the recipes because I wasn't sure if it was shareable information. But it was all very simple and anyone could google search similar versions of the dressing recipes.  We really didn't follow the instructions very well anyway because we didn't have any measuring spoons or cups at this class.  We approximated everything and did everything to taste.  I have no idea how accurate the measurements really are.  So I decided it should be okay to post.   But be wary of the recipes.

Here is my first creation.   When I tasted the dressing by itself, I wasn't impressed at all.... but I was happily surprised when I tasted it on the actual salad.  It was magically transformed into a very delicious dressing!!  I really enjoyed this salad.  Yum!

Tenderloin Salad w/ Rosemary-Balsamic Dressing


Ingredients:
Tenderloin, cooked on stovetop to desired doneness
Spinach/Spring Mix
Blue Cheese, crumbled
Red Potato, cooked, seasoned, and cut into small pieces
Avocado, sliced
Red Onion, julienne cut

Rosemary-Balsamic Dressing:
1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped or crushed
1 sprig fresh garlic
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium bowl, combine the rosemary, garlic, and vinegar.  Add the oil in a slow stream, mixing well with a wire whisk.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

The 4 salad dressings we made-- The Rosemary-Balsamic Dressing is on the far right.


Mis en place


Anne chows down... a delicious, healthy, and filling lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment