Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chicken Asian Noodle Salad with a Ginger Dressing

4 Healthy Salads:
1. Tenderloin Salad with Rosemary-Balsamic Dressing
2. Orange-Cranberry Chicken Salad with Poppyseed-Yogurt Dressing
3. Pan-Seared Salmon and Asparagus Salad with Peach-Basil Dressing
4.Chicken Asian Noodle Salad with a Ginger Dressing

This is the 4th salad we made at the cooking class.  I didn't care for the ginger dressing.  I think we added way too much ginger root for my taste and I'm just not a fan of soy sauce in general.  I took this salad "to go" and that's the less attractive photo you see here.  I forgot to take a picture after plating it at home.

Chicken Asian Noodle Salad with a Ginger Dressing


Anne's Salad Ingredients:
Chicken breast, cooked
Asian noodles
Spring lettuce mix
tomatoes, sliced
red peppers, sliced thinly
sprouts
carrots, shaved into small sticks
crispy noodle ?  i have no idea what we used on top

Asian Ginger Dressing:
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
3/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
In a bowl or food processor, combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.

The Asian Ginger Dressing is pictured in the middle....

No comments:

Post a Comment