Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, July 24, 2021

Zucchini Waffles



Another Zucchini recipe... Waffles!  Loved them.  They taste like regular waffles but with some extra nutrition.  And they're super convenient because you can freeze the waffles and pop them into the toaster to heat them up quickly.  I also made a batch with chocolate chips added to the batter.

Zucchini Waffles
Makes 8-12 waffles

Ingredients:
1 large zucchini, shredded (1-2 cups) (or use large holes of box grater)
1&1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1&1/4 cups milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.  Add zucchini and toss to coat.  

In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and vanilla.  Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine.

Preheat a waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.  Spread batter and cook about 5 minutes or as directed by waffle maker.   Repeat with remaining batter.

Serve with maple syrup, butter, fruit, or whatever you like on your waffles.


No comments:

Post a Comment