Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, July 24, 2021

Zucchini, Herb, and Roasted Tomato Frittata


 
I have more zucchini in my garden than I can deal with. I felt like trying something different than my usual zucchini breads and muffins.  It was a bit time-consuming to make, but the end result was worth it. I threw in a bunch of herbs from my garden.  It turned out better than expected and I enjoyed the taste, despite it being very veggie-forward.  

Zucchini, Herb, and Roasted Tomato Frittata  
Makes 6-8 servings

Roasted Tomato Ingredients:
1/2-1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic
1-2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves (from 2 sprigs)
drizzle olive oil
salt and pepper

Frittata Ingredients:
8 large eggs
1/4 cup milk or half and half
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (plus extra for garnish)
~1-2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
~1-2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
~1-2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
~1-2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 tablespoon oil
1 zucchini, sliced
1 shallot, minced

Directions:
On a foil-lined baking pan, drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and garlic.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano leaves.  Roast at 400º for 15 minutes.  Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, herbs, and salt and pepper.

In a 9 or 10-inch oven-proof skillet (I used my cast iron skillet) over medium-high heat, melt the butter and oil.  Add the zucchini and shallot and a dash of salt and pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes.  Pour the egg mixture over the zucchini.  Arrange the roasted tomatoes on top. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for about 10-15 minutes until the sides are set but slightly runny on top.  Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake at 400º for 10-15 minutes until the center is cooked through.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese if desired. Cut into wedges.







No comments:

Post a Comment