Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, July 4, 2021

Key Lime Pie Bars




I brought this dessert to a family gathering and it was a hit.  I love Key Lime Pie, and this dessert hit the spot. I found actual Key Lime juice in the store, so I used that plus zest from a regular lime.

Key Lime Pie Bars
Makes 16-20 bars

Crust Ingredients:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 full crackers)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Pie Ingredients:
1&3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk (~21oz or about 1&1/2 cans)
6 egg yolks
1 cup Key Lime juice 
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 tub of whipped cream

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the crust ingredients.  Line an 8" or 9" square pan with foil or parchment paper.  Press crust mixture evenly into pan.  Bake at 300º for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool completely.

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lime juice, and lime zest.  Pour mixture onto cooled crust.   Bake at 300º for 30-40 minutes until filling is slightly jiggly but center is set.  Cool for at least 2 hours.

Once cool, top with whipped cream.  Sprinkle with a little lime zest.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.  Bars can be stored in fridge up to 3 days.   

No comments:

Post a Comment