Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, July 11, 2021

Grilled Monterey Chicken



We were in the mood to grill, so I made up my own super easy recipe.  Technically, I had Colby-Jack cheese instead of Monterey-Jack cheese, but whatever.  The chicken had good flavor.  It seems very versatile and could be served on its own, or put in a taco, quesadilla, salad, sandwich, etc.  We served ours with cilantro-lime rice and some lettuce and peas from the garden.

Grilled Monterey Chicken
Serves 2-4  

Ingredients:
2-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, evenly pounded thin.
2-4 Monterey-Jack or Colby Jack or Pepper-Jack cheese slices
Pico de gallo or salsa
Cilantro, chopped
Avocado, sliced or cubed 

Marinade:
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
Add all the marinade ingredients to a gallon sized ziplock bag. Seal and shake to mix.  Add the chicken to the bag and turn and massage to coat.  Marinate in fridge for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.

Grill the chicken over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 165º (time really depends on the thickness of the chicken).  During the last minute, place a slice of cheese on each breast and allow to melt.

Serve topped with the pico de gallo, cilantro, and avocado, or whatever you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment