Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Sweet Potato Waffle Grilled Cheese


I was craving a sandwich for lunch yesterday, so I made this fun waffle sandwich using spiralized sweet potatoes instead of bread.  It held its shape nicely and was pretty tasty too. 

Sweet Potato Waffle Grilled Cheese
Recipe from Inspiralized & Beyond

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 large sweet potato, peeled and spiralized into spaghetti noodles
salt and pepper
1 large egg, beaten
1 or 2 slices cheese

Directions:
Preheat a waffle iron.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the noodles, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the noodles are warmed through.

Transfer the noodles to a bowl and add the egg, tossing to coat.

Spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and pack in the noodles.  Cook the waffles until done.  Repeat if second batch is needed.   Put half of a waffle back in iron, top with cheese, and set other half on top.  Close waffle iron as much as possible and cook until cheese is melty.

No comments:

Post a Comment