Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs


It's a new year, so like millions of others, I made a resolution to eat healthier and control my portions.  Both Jeremy and I enjoyed this dish.  And it was EASY--bonus! The lemon flavor came through as did the garlic.  The chicken was juicy which is how I like it.  Chicken thighs are ideal because you get just the right amount of meat.  And when we re-heated leftovers the next night, it was still good.  The photo is of the leftovers because I forgot to take a picture the first night. 

Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs
4 servings

Ingredients:
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/8 cup honey
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb boneless, skinlesss chicken thighs, trimmed of fat (about 4 thighs)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
lemon wedges and parsley for garnish, optional

Directions:
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic.  Pour into a large resealable plastic bag and add the chicken.  Toss to coat, seal, and let marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.

Spray an 8x8" baking dish with cooking spray.  Place chicken in dish and pour marinade over the top.  Season with salt and pepper.   Bake at 425º for 20 to 30 minutes until chicken is done, basting once or twice during that time.  Serve chicken with lemon wedges and parsley if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment