Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, July 21, 2019

Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs


Mmmm, delicious fall-off-the-bone BBQ Ribs done super quick!  The Instant Pot is awesome!  I have a 6-qt pot and it fit with no trouble.  The ribs were super tender and started to break apart taking them out of the pot.  We decided to finish them off on the grill for 5-10 minutes at the end to let the BBQ Sauce caramelize onto the ribs.  You could also use the broiler instead.  The meat came cleanly off the bone, and I really liked the flavor of the rub on the ribs.   Definitely a keeper recipe!

Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
Recipe found online at iwashyoudry

Ingredients:
1 rack (2.5-3lbs) baby back pork ribs
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
1/2 cup bbq sauce

Directions:
Remove the paper-thin lining from the bottom of the ribs running a butter knife under the skin to peel it away.

Combine the sugar, chili powder, and remaining dry ingredients to make the rub.   Rub it in all over the ribs.

Place a rack inside the pressure cooker and pour in the water, vinegar, and liquid smoke.   Wrap the ribs, standing on their side, around the inside of the pot, with the bones facing inward.  (You could double the recipe and wrap a 2nd set of ribs in there too.)

Secure the lid and close the vent.  Press the Meat setting and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.  Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then do quick release.

Remove the ribs and set on a foil-lined baking sheet.  Brush with BBQ sauce and broil in the oven for a few minutes.  (Or put them on the grill, meat-side up, for 5-10 minutes)





No comments:

Post a Comment