Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, June 7, 2014

Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Mango Relish


The Wheel of Meals landed on Light/Healthy

We had a pork tenderloin in the freezer, so I thawed it out to make this recipe.  I enjoyed the flavor of the mango with the pork.  It seemed to make more than 2 servings, but the leftovers tasted good too.

Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Mango Relish

Recipe from: America's Test Kitchen: Cooking For Two 2009
300 calories/serving

Ingredients:
1 (12-oz) pork tenderloin, trimmed
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
salt
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 cup chopped mango (from about 1/2 mango)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 small shallot, minced (~1 tablespoon)
1 teaspoon minced jalapeno chile, seeds removed

Directions:
Pat the pork dry with paper towels.  Combine the chili powder, cocoa powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and rub evenly over pork.

Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking.  Brown the tenderloin on all sides, about 6 minutes.  Transfer to a preheated 425º oven and roast the tenderloin about 12-15 minutes until the thickest part registers 140º.   Transfer to a carving board, tent loosely with foil, and let rest until the center registers 150º, about 10 minutes, before slicing.

Meanwhile, combine the mango, cilantro, lime juice, shallot, jalapeno, and a pinch of salt.  Serve with the pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment