Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, June 8, 2014

Raspberry-Blackberry Ice Cream


I promised my coworker that I'd make more ice cream (and share it), and she told me to make something fruity, so this is what I picked out.   It was delicious. :)

Raspberry-Blackberry Ice Cream
Recipe from The Ice Cream Bible

Ingredients:
2 cups raspberries
2 cups blackberries
2 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
In a food processor or blender, puree the berries until smooth.  Press through a fine sieve into a bowl to remove seeds.  Set aside.

In a bowl, whisk eggs with sugar until thickened and pale yellow. Set aside.

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to a simmer.  Gradually whisk into the egg mixture.  Return entire mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.  Be careful not to let it boil.  Strain into a clean large bowl.  Let cool to room temperature.

Stir in whipping cream, vanilla, and pureed fruit.  Cover and refrigerate overnight or until completely cooled. 

Stir cream mixture.  Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment