Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Monday, March 11, 2013

Pork Roast


This recipe wasn't necessarily bad, but it wasn't as good as I was hoping for.  It was supposedly a "light" recipe.  The apple juice really saturated the potatoes, making them sweeter than we liked.   I would have been better off with chicken stock.   Also, the recipe lacked seasoning.  I added salt and pepper to our leftovers which helped it out.

I can't find the recipe I used online, but it was like this:

Chop up some potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions.  Throw them in the slow cooker.  Pour 1/2 cup apple juice concentrate over everything along with salt, pepper, and cinnamon.

Rub salt, pepper, and ground cinnamon all over the pork butt.  In a large skillet with a little olive oil, get a quick sear on all sides.  Place it on top of the veggies in the slow cooker.  Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment