Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Monday, February 25, 2013

Anne's Steak Burrito


I happened to try Taco Bell's Cantina Burrito awhile back and thought it would be fun to somewhat replicate it at home.   It was just okay.  I needed some sort of sauce on the inside.  But my version was at least healthy.

I salt and peppered the steak and marinated it in lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and cilantro.  Cooked it in a skillet on the stovetop.   I placed the steak on a spinach tortilla along with diced tomatoes, diced avocado, diced shallot, diced jalapeno pepper, cilantro, corn and black beans.  I rolled it up, sprinkled a little cheese on top, and baked it in the oven for 20 minutes or so.   I topped it with more of the tomato-avocado salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment