Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, March 28, 2013

Walnut and Rosemary Oven-Fried Chicken


Just a simple and quick weekday dinner.   I was browsing my cookbooks for a recipe and this one caught my eye because I already had all the ingredients on hand.  Perfect.  It was tasty.  No complaints.  I used regular chicken breasts instead of cutlets and increased the cooking time accordingly.

Walnut and Rosemary Oven-Fried Chicken  (2013 Cookbook Challenge)
from Cooking Light: The New Way to Cook Light
227 calories/serving

Ingredients:
4 (4-oz) chicken cutlets
1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
In a shallow dish, whisk together the buttermilk and mustard.  In another shallow dish, combine all the dry ingredients.   Add chicken to buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.  Dredge chicken in panko mixture and place on a large baking sheet fitted with a wire rack.  Coat chicken with cooking spray.  Bake at 425º for 13 minutes or until chicken is done (internal temperature reaches 165ºF).  For a larger chicken breast, bake 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment