Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Monday, March 11, 2013

Oreo Peanut Butter Bars



We had an Oreo Cookie Party to celebrate the 101st birthday of Oreo and everyone signed up to bring various Oreo desserts.  I wanted something different from Dirt Cake and also something that didn't have to be refrigerated, so I found this recipe online.     I made a double batch and my coworkers had gobbled it up with 24 hours, so it must have been good. 

Oreo-Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter Bars (aka 'Monster Cookies')
Recipe by Picky Palate

Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups Oreos, broken into small chunks

Directions:

Place butter and sugars into a large bowl, cream until well combined. Add peanut butter, mixing to combine. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well.  Add flour, baking soda and salt, mixing until dough forms. Add chips and Oreo cookies, stirring until just combined. Transfer dough to an 8x8" baking dish coated with cooking spray, pressing dough evenly into pan.  Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and let cool for 45 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve with milk and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment