Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Snicker Cookies


Before leaving for my half-marathon girls' weekend in San Antonio, I thought it would be nice to bake some cookies to leave behind for my husband.  I found this recipe in my Dairyland Seed Cookbook, and thought it sounded yummy.  It didn't disappoint. 

Snicker Cookies  (2013 Cookbook Challenge)
from Dairyland Seed 100 Years and Still Cooking
Makes ~3-4 dozen

Ingredients:
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup milk
3&1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 bag bite size Snickers candy bars

Directions:
Cream shortening, sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter.  Add eggs, vanilla, and milk.  Blend in flour and baking soda.  Mix thoroughly.  Wrap dough around bite-sized Snickers.  Place on cookie sheet.  Bake at 375º for about 8-9 minutes, just until lightly browned.  Remove from oven and flatten with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment