Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, January 11, 2013

Chicken Zucchini Fettuccine Alfredo

My husband found a box of random pantry ingredients in the basement we had forgotten about.  Inside, we found a jar of Light Alfredo Sauce, and we had still had some chicken breasts to use up, so we decided to make chicken fettuccine alfredo.  I also had one zucchini left in the fridge, so I added that as well.    I decided to broil the chicken like I had done with the Tikka Masala recipe because the chicken turns out so moist and it was fast and done in the time the pasta needed to cook.  Easy and delicious.

Anne's Chicken Zucchini Fettuccine Alfredo

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
Penzey's Old World Seasoning
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 ounces fettuccine
1 zucchini, cut into matchsticks
Light alfredo sauce
Parmesan cheese, if desired.

Directions:

Preheat the broiler.  Pat dry the chicken breasts.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and seasoning.   Mix together the yogurt, oil, and garlic, and dip the chicken breasts in the mixture to evenly coat. Place breasts on a wire rack sitting on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway during cooking, until the internal temperature of the breast reaches 160º.

Meanwhile, heat up the alfredo sauce in a small saucepan.  Bring a large pot of water to a boil.  Cook fettuccine in the boiling water according to package directions, about 10-12 minutes.  Drop in zucchini and cook until pasta is tender, just a couple minutes longer.  Drain.  

Combine the pasta, zucchini, and sauce in the large pot, and scoop onto plates.  When the chicken is done, cut into strips and add to pasta.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment