Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, January 3, 2013

BLT Frittata


Hello, 2013!   For my first recipe of the new year, I decided to make something that would utilize my new oven-safe skillet.  A frittata sounded like the perfect answer.  I started with a basic tomato and cheese frittata recipe from the How to Cook Everything cookbook, and then I added an Anne twist by making it a BLT Frittata, adding spinach and bacon to the mixture.  It was quite yummy.  But isn't everything with bacon yummy?!

Anne's BLT Frittata   (2013 Cookbook Challenge)
Serves 3-4

Ingredients:
6 thick bacon slices
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 cup diced tomato
1&1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
8 eggs
salt
pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cook the bacon and let dry on paper towels.  Crumble into bite-size pieces. Set aside.

Put the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.  When hot, add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.  Add the tomato and spinach and turn the heat to low, stirring and cooking another few minutes until the pan is almost dry.  Add bacon and stir.

Whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper.  Pour the eggs over the tomato mixture, using a spoon to evenly distribute the vegetables if necessary.  Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top and cook, undisturbed, until the eggs are barely set, about 5-10  minutes.  Transfer skillet to a preheated 350º oven, and finish cooking eggs for a few minutes (or under the broiler) until set, being careful not to over-cook eggs. 





No comments:

Post a Comment