Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, January 27, 2013

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

 
Snow was in the forecast, so I figured a hearty pot roast would be a perfect warm culinary comfort food for a cold day.  I threw it all in the crockpot this morning, and by dinnertime, the aroma was mouthwatering.  The meat just fell apart and shredded easily and it was juicy and flavorful.  Super delicious! 

Anne's Slow Cooker Pot Roast
~6-8 Servings

Ingredients:
~3-4 pound boneless rump or chuck roast  (I used rump because it was on sale)
2 tablespoons Penzey's Galena Street Rib & Chicken Rub
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
2 celery stalks, chopped
3 Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup beef broth
1/4 cup red wine
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

Directions:
Combine the Rub, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Rub, and rub all over roast.   Heat oil in a large skillet and brown meat on all sides, just for a couple minutes on each side to get a nice sear.  Place roast in a large slow cooker.  Put all the vegetables in the crockpot too.  Pour the broth, wine, and Worcestershire sauce over everything.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment