Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pumpkin-Molasses Cheesecakes


When I saw this recipe for 100-calorie cheesecakes, I just had to give it a try.   It was fantastic.  If you like pumpkin pie and you like cheesecake, but you're on a diet (or even if you're not), then this recipe is for you!  I'll be taking the rest of the batch to work tomorrow so that I don't eat the whole tray!  Simply fabulous.

Pumpkin-Molasses Cheesecakes
From Betty Crocker's New Eat and Lose Weight Cookbook
Makes 8 servings, 100 calories/serving

Ingredients:
2 soft molasses cookies (3" diameter)
1 package (8 oz) fat-free cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Egg Substitute
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup frozen (thawed) reduced-fat whipped topping

Directions:
Line 8 medium muffin cups with baking cups.  Break cookies into fine crumbs.  Reserve 2 teaspoons cookie crumbs for topping.  Divide remaining crumbs among muffin cups.

Beat cream cheese and brown sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.  Using spoon, stir in egg substitute and vanilla until just blended.  Stir in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.   Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups.

Bake 30-35 minutes at 350º or until edges are set.   Refrigerate until completely chilled (centers will sink while cooling).  Serve each cheesecake topped with 2 tablespoons whipped topping and sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.  Sprinkle with extra pumpkin pie spice if desired.   Store remaining cheesecakes covered in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment