Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bacon-Onion Green Beans


This wasn't a new recipe for me, but I knew it was good, so I made it as a veggie side dish for our family's Thanksgiving meal.

Bacon-Onion Green Beans
6-8 servings    114 calories/serving

1&1/2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
3 bacon strips, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons sliced toasted almonds
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds

Directions:
Place beans in a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.  Drain.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.  Remove to paper towels.  Drain skillet except for 1 tablespoon drippings.  Saute garlic and onion in the drippings until tender.  Stir in the vinegar, tarragon, salt, and pepper.

Drain beans and place in a large serving bowl.  Stir or spread the onion mixture and bacon over beans.  Sprinkle with almonds and sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment