Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, November 27, 2010

Butternut Squash Apple Bake


I thought a squash recipe would make a nice healthy addition to our Thanksgiving feast.  It seemed to go over really well with my relatives.  I noticed that even the kids were eating it.  Of course, there was a strong cinnamon apple flavor which sweetened things up and made eating squash more delicious.  I would definitely make this again.

Butternut Squash Apple Bake
8 servings    120 calories/serving

1 butternut squash (~2-3 lbs), peeled and cut into 1/2" slices or cubes
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
3 medium tart apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced into rings
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Arrange squash in a 15x10" baking pan (or two 9" square pans) coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with rosemary.  Top with apple rings.  Combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples.  Drizzle with butter.  Cover and bake at 350º for 40-50 minutes or until squash and apples are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment