Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lemon Thyme Chicken


This was an incredibly fast, healthy, and tasty dinner.   My sauce turned out a lot darker than the picture in my recipe book, and I'm not sure why.   I served it with leftover green beans and baked cinnamon butternut squash.

Lemon Thyme Chicken
4 servings      213 calories/serving (including 3 tablespoons sauce)

3 tablespoons flour

1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (~4 oz each)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (optional)

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and lemon-pepper.  Set aside 1&1/2 tablespoons for sauce.  Sprinkle the remaining flour mixture over both sides of chicken.  In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.  Remove and keep warm.

In the same pan, saute onion in butter until tender.  Add thyme and reserved flour mixture; stir until blended.  Gradually stir in the broth and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.  Serve over chicken and sprinkle with parsley if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment