Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, January 1, 2009

Stromboli



This recipe turned out really well.  It was an easy lunch that we paired with a fruit salad and fresh vegetables.  Jeremy and I both enjoyed it.   The seasoned bread was especially yummy.  The only thing we would change is to skip the sausage.  With both ham and turkey already present, the sausage was not necessary and the flavor overpowered the rest of the dish.  Extra Note:  I had leftovers, and it heated up really well with 90 seconds in the microwave!  I didn't notice the strong Italian sausage flavor on the second day.. Yummy!

Stromboli
8 servings (16 slices)



Ingredients:
1 package (16 oz) Hot Roll Mix
1&1/4 cups warm water
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 lb sliced deli ham
1/3 lb sliced salami (I substituted deli turkey)
1/4 lb Italian sausage, cooked&crumbled (I used Italian Turkey Sausage)
4 slices Colby-Jack cheese
1 cup (4 oz) shredded low-fat Mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

Directions:
In a bowl, combine the contents of hot roll mix and yeast packet.  Stir in warm water and 2 tablespoons oil until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.  Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.  Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.  

Press dough into a lightly greased 15x10x1" baking pan.  Layer ham, salami, sausage, American cheese, and mozzarella cheese over dough.  Roll up jelly-style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.  Place diagonally in pan.  Brush dough with remaining oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper.  Bake at 375º for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.  Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment