Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, January 2, 2009

Peppered Chicken Breasts with Mustard Sauce


This recipe was very easy, low-calorie, simple to reduce the recipe for just 2 people, and it took less than 25 minutes from start to finish.   I sprinkled on too much pepper for my taste, but the sauce was quite tasty.  I would make it again with less pepper.


Peppered Chicken Breasts with Mustard Sauce
4 servings (194 calories)

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves (4 oz each)
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup white grape juice
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Pinch snipped chives

Directions:

Rub chicken with oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt.  Place in a greased 11x7" baking dish.  Bake at 425º for 15 to 20 minutes or until juices run clear.

In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and sour cream until smooth.   

In a small saucepan, combine the broth, grape juice, and onions.  Bring to a boil; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup.  Gradually whisk in the sour cream mixture.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.  Stir in mustard until blended.  Serve over chicken.  Sprinkle with chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment