Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lime Chicken Tacos


I liked these extremely easy tacos which made a tasty Superbowl dinner.  I bought pre-shredded chicken and I skipped the 5-hour process and just dumped everything into the slow cooker all at once and let it heat on low for an hour or two until we were ready to eat.  As a result, I really didn't notice the lime flavor at all because it didn't marinade long enough, but it still tasted good.  The yield of 12 tacos is accurate.  

Lime Chicken Tacos
Makes 12 tacos (148 calories)

Ingredients:
1&1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup chunky salsa
12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches)
Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and lettuce: optional

Directions:

Place the chicken in a 3-qt slow cooker.  Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.

Remove chicken; cool slightly.  Shred and return to the slow cooker.  Stir in corn and salsa.  Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through.  Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese, and lettuce if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment