Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, January 4, 2009

Baked Rotini with Ham


I made this dish using Light Alfredo sauce and Reduced Fat Mozzarella, which reduced the calories per serving to 375.  Also, I made this in a large (2-quart) casserole dish, and I think this recipe makes way more than 4 servings, maybe 6, which would reduce it to 250 calories/serving. Not bad!  The best thing about this dish is that it is super easy to make and it can be prepared ahead and cooked later, which I did.  The mozzarella in the recipe made it cheesy and yummy.  I don't think my photo does it justice.

Baked Rotini with Ham
Serves 4-6

Ingredients:
8 oz Tri-color Rotini (3 cups)
1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Cook rotini and drain.  Stir in Alfredo sauce, milk, mozzarella, ham, seasoning, and pepper.

Transfer to four 7-8 oz individual ramekins or a 1.5-quart casserole dish.  Sprinkle with Parmesan.  Cover and chill for up to 24 hours.

Preheat oven to 350º.  Cover dish with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes for the individual dishes or 45 minutes for the casserole dish.  Let stand for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment