Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Monday, January 5, 2009

Apple Pecan Pork Chops


This was my first time making pork chops, and I thought this was a fun and tasty way to serve this meat.  I enjoyed the apple and pecan flavor, and the melted brown sugar was a nice combination with both the apples and the pork chops.  This dish is extremely easy, uses very few ingredients, and is ready in less than 20 minutes. 

Apple Pecan Pork Chops
Serves 4 (250 calories)

Ingredients:
4 boneless pork chops (each 3/4-1" thick)
salt
pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium red apple, cored and thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar

Directions:
Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.  In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat until it sizzles.  Add apples; cook and stir for 2 minutes.  Push apples to side and add pork chops to same skillet; cook for 4 minutes.  Turn chops over, and spoon apples over chops.  Sprinkle each one with pecans and brown sugar.  Cover and cook for 4 to 8 minutes until thermometer reads 160º F.

No comments:

Post a Comment